- A short guide to good microphone recordings
- Speech analysis using PRAAT
- Learn decoding using Sphinx 3
- Record streaming audio
- Some Audacity instructions
Some freely available datasets on the internet
1. PASCAL 'CHiME' Challenge 2010 database (Speech separation / recognition)
The challenge employed noise background that had been collected from a real family living room using binaural microphones. Target speech commands were mixed into the environment at a fixed position using genuine room impulse responses. The task was to separate the speech and recognise the commands being spoken using systems trained on noise-free commands and room noise recordings.