Shrikrishna A. Khaparde
S. A. Khaparde
Department of Electrical Engineering,
IIT Bombay, Powai,
Mumbai 400 076, India.
- Phone (O): +91-22-2576-7434
- Phone (R): +91-22-2576-8434
- E-Mail: sak[AT]ee.iitb.ac.in
S.A. KHAPARDE is a Professor, at Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India. He received the Ph.D. degree (1981) from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. He has co-authored a book, "Computational methods for large sparse power systems analysis: An Object oriented approach" published by Kluwer academic publisher, 2001. He has also co-authored a book, "Transformer Engineering" published by Marcel Dekker Publisher, 2004. He is member of Advisory committees to Maharashtra electricity regulatory commission, India and Indian Energy Exchange, India. He is Editor of International Journal of Emerging Electrical Power Systems. He is consultant to MERC, Indian Energy Exchange, and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd etc. He is member of IEC TC57 for working groups 13 and 16 representing India. He is BIS LITD-10 Committee Member, and Chair of Working Group (WG3) on CIM. His current research areas are restructured power systems, distributed generation, renewable energy policies and CIM Implementation in India.
- Received Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering in 1981 from IIT Kharagpur.
- Research Interests
- Deregulation in Power Industry: optimal bidding, and congestion management, Object Oriented Power System Analysis, Controlled series compensation using SSSC, Harmonic Distortion in Distribution systems, Design and Operation of small tidal power plant, Modelling and Design of transformer
- Work Experience
- Joined Department of Electrical Engineering IIT Bombay as faculty in November 1978.