- Past Students
- Anushree Neogi, Resource Allocation Techniques for Device-to-Device Communications, December 2018.
- Shubhada Gadgil, Performance Evaluation of IP Flow Mobility in Heterogeneous LTE-WLAN Network, January 2018.
(Head, Computer Technology Department, Vartak Polytechnic College, Vasai, Maharashtra)
- Anshu Mittal, A Framework for Energy-Efficient Design-Space Exploration for Next Generation Communication Systems, July 2017. (Advisor: Prof. R. K. Shevgaonkar)
- Punit Rathod, Performance Characterization of Hybrid Wireless Network with WiFi Access and WiMAX Backhaul Links for Rural Broadband Applications, July 2014.
(Wireless Networking Researcher, Intel Corporation, Bengaluru)
- Mahima Mehta, Radio Resource and Mobility Management Techniques in Heterogeneous Cellular Network, May 2014.
(LTE Systems Engineer, Intel Mobile Communications, Bengaluru)
- Ranjan Bala Jain, On Tele-traffic analysis of Cellular OFDM Network, February 2013.
(Faculty, Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Technologyu (VESIT), Mumbai)
- R A Patil, On throughput Performance of Retransmission Protocols with Packet combining over Lossy Link, July 2012. (Co-advisor: Prof. Prasanna Chaporkar)
(Faculty, College of Engineering Pune)
- Brijesh Kumar Rai, On Network Coding for Communicating the Sum of Symbols from Multiple Sources, July 2010. (Co-advisor: Prof. Bikash Dey)
(Faculty, Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, IIT Guwahati)
- Sanjay S Pawar, Performance Analysis of Spectral Amplitude Coded Optical Code Division Multiple Access System, January 2010. (Advisor: Prof. R. K. Shevgaonkar)
(Principal, Usha Mittal Institute of Technology, Mumbai)
- Hemant Kumar Rath, On Channel and Transport Layer Aware Scheduling and Congestion Control in Wireless Networks, July 2009.
(Senior Scientist, TCS Networks Lab, Bengaluru)
- Nitin Salodkar, Online Algorithms for Delay Constrained Scheduling over a Fading Channel, May 2008.
(Data Scientist, Zendrive, Bengaluru)
- Ashutosh Gore, On Wireless Link Scheduling and Flow Control, December 2008.
(Senior Staff Engineer/Manager, Qualcomm, Bengaluru)
- R. Manivasakan, Correlated Inter-arrival Time Poisson Process (CIPP) for Modeling Broadband Teletraffic, June 2000. (Advisor: Prof. U. B. Desai)
(Faculty, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Madras)
Apart from PhD theses, I have supervised 127 MTech theses and 53 BTech projects
- Akash Ravindra Gowda, Performance Evaluation of Millimeter wave in 5G Testbed, 2018.
- Dudhia Vashishth Shounakbhai, On Some Aspects of Frugal 5G: Solution for Rural Broadband, 2018.
- Kartik Khulbe, Performance Evaluation of Mesh Networks in 60GHz, 2018.
- Akshay Kumar Bajpai, Design of Network Planning Tool for Broadband Connectivity in Rural India, 2017.
- Ojas Kanhere, Design and Implementation of a Software Defined Network Based Wireless Network Controller, 2017.
- Pola Lakshmi Priyanaka, On System Architecutre for SDN based Heterogeneous Network, 2017.
- Sweety Suman, Rural Broadband Network Planning and Spectrum Management, 2017.
- Shubham Saha, Design of pan-India Rural Broardband Network Planning Tool, 2017.
- Aniruddh Rao, `A Software Defined Network based Controller for Management of Large Scale WLAN', 2016.
- Chaitnaya Prasad N, `Analysis of Channel Allocation for Non-cooperative Operators with Cooperative Access Points in TV White Space', 2016.
- Chandra Mohan Sharma, `On design and implementation of Push-to-Talk Client and Server', 2016.
- Indraneel Mondal, `Resource Allocation for Device to Device Communication underlaying Cellular Network', 2016.
- Mahak Arora, `Broadband Connectivity for Rural India', 2016.
(Now Wireless Network Engineer, Facebook, Mumbai)
- MPS Hemanth Kumar, `Greedy Algorithm based Spectrum Allocation for Multi-operator Networks in TV White Space', 2016.
- Soubhik Deb, `On Next Generation Network Architecture', 2016.
- Gaurang Naik, On the Feasibility of Providing Affordable Broadband Services Using Backhaul in TV White Spaces, 2015.
(Now Graduate Research Assistant, Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Virginia Tech)
- Karunakaran Kumar, On Optimization Techniques for Energy Efficient Operation of Cellular Wireless Networks, 2015.
- Sudesh Singhal, TV White Space: Quantitative Assessment and Backhaul Network for Rural Broadband in India, 2015.
- Venkhat V, Backlog Optimal Downlink Scheduling in Energy Harvesting Base Station in a Cellular Network, 2015.
- Vaibhav Saboo, Design of Network Management System for proposed Pilot TV White Space Testbed, 2015.
- Bharat Goel, LTE Physical Downlink Shared Channel (PDSCH) Implementation on Freescale Platform, 2015.
- Abhishek Muli, On Dual Connectivity in LTE based Cellular Heterogeneous Networks, 2014.
- Deeksha Sinha, Sleep-Wake Up Mechanisms for Cellular Heterogeneous Networks, 2014.
(Now PhD candidate at Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Vatsal Shah, Energy Efficient Scheduling Using Green Energy Sources, 2014.
(Now Graduate Research Assistant, The University of Texas at Austin)
- Arijit Bhattacharya, Evaluating Approaches for Network LTE-WLAN Heterogeneous Based Traffic Offloading in Networks, 2014.
- Naireeta Kansabanik, Backhauling in TV White Spaces for Rural Broadband Applications, 2014.
- Priyanshu Shah, On Threshold Velocity for Pico to Micro Handover in Cellular Heterogeneous Network, 2014.
- Pravjot Singh, Mobility Management in Next Generation Wireless Networks, 2013.
(Now Lead Engineer in Samsung R&D Institute Bangalore)
- Raj Doshi, Wireless Link Scheduling for Rural Broadband in TV White Spaces, 2013.
- Rupan Saharoy, On Energy-Efficient Techniques in Heterogeneous Networks, 2013.
- Deepak Garg, Propagation Characteristics and Channel Modeling in TV White Space, 2013.
- Niranjan P, Energy Efficiency in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, 2013.
- Shashi Ranjan, WLAN LTE Interworking: Principles and Performance, 2013.
- Suresh Pala, Evaluation of Blocking Probability in Two-Tier Femtocell Networks, 2013.
- Gaurav Varshney, IPHet: HetNet Architecture and Algorithm for Interference Management, 2012.
(Now Global Strategy at Samsung, Seoul, Korea)
- Hutokshi Sethna, Load Balancing using Adaptive Relays in Cellular OFDMA Networks, 2012.
- Mihir Laghate, Downlink Stochastic Power Control for Cellular Networks with Femto Base Stations, 2012.
(Now Senior Engineer, Qualcomm, Greater San Diego Area)
- Gaurav Tendolkar, IPHet: HetNet Architecture and Protocols for Mobility Management, 2012.
(Now Senior System Software Engineer at NVIDIA, Bengaluru)
- Gayatri G, Sensing and Transmission Scheduling for Half-Duplex Cognitive Radios, 2012.
- Meghanad Shingate, Design and Implementation of Modular Switch Management Software on CeBRA Platform, 2012.
- Nirbhay Rane, Coordination based Resource Allocation for Downlink Interference Management in Macro-Femto Network, 2012.
(Now Network Consulting Engineer at Cisco Systems)
- Rupali J. Mascarenhas, Evaluation of Outage and Blocking Probability in Two-Tier Open Access Femtocell Networks, 2012.
- Sanjay Kumar, On Analyzing Call Data Records for Cluster Formation in Mobile Social Network Applications, 2012.
- Anurag Nishad, Internet Protocol Layer Handover Analysis in Next Generation Cellular Network, 2011.
- Rahul Agrawal, On Relay Placement and Cooperative Scheduling in Self Organized Long Term Evolution Networks, 2011.
- Hrishikesh Sulay, Persistent Scheduling for Delay Constrained Traffic, 2011.
- Piyush Mittal, Resource Allocation for Femtocells, 2011.
- Sravan Kumar Jatavath, Association of Shared Relays in Cellular Networks, 2011.
- Mohit Dandekar, On Sequential Detection in Spectrum Sensing, 2011.
- Chandrakant Agarwal, Go-Back-N ARQ for Multi-Hop Relay Network, 2011.
- Anil Kumar Vankayala, Scheduling in Relay-Assisted Cellular Networks, 2011.
- Gauri Joshi, On Relay - Assisted Cellular Networks, 2010.
(Now Faculty Member at IBM T. J. Watson Research Center)
- Harshad Maral, Downlink Erlang Capacity of Cellular OFDMA, 2010.
- Nishta Tandiya, Combining Packets with Different Modulation Schemes, 2010.
- Manju Meghwani, On Erlang Capacity of IEEE 802.16e Networks, 2009.
- Ashish Kumar Pradhan, VLSI Implementation of Traffic Resource Management of IEEE 802.16 MAC Layer, 2009.
- Sharayu Moharir, Queuing Analysis of Opportunistic Scheduling in Wireless Networks, 2009.
- Atit Parikh, On Wireless Link Scheduling Algorithms for Spectrum Sharing, 2009.
- Balaji V, Automatic Repeat Request (ARQ) with Diversity Combining in Wireless Channels, 2009.
- Ankit Sethi, Delay Limited Capacity with Coding Gap, 2008.
- Hrishikesh Gokhale, Implementation of IEEE 802.16 Base Station, 2008.
- Rajanish Sethi, An Architecture of Tactical Communication System, 2008.
- Mallapur Veerayya, An Energy-Aware On-Demand Routing Protocol for Ad-Hoc Wireless Networks, 2008.
- Vaishnavi Motghare, Implementation of Media Access Control Layer of IEEE 802.16, 2008.
- Varun Lunia, Performance Analysis of the Distributed Coordination Function of IEEE 802.11 Protocol in Presence of Fading, 2008.
- Ankit Jain, Mitigation of Inter Symbol/Inter Carrier Intereference in Multicarrier Modulation for Doubly Dispersive Channels, 2008.
- Abhishek Shrivastava, Multipacket Reception and Opportunistic Spectrum Access, 2008.
- Devyani Wad, On Implementation of Media Access Control (MAC) Layer of IEEE 802.16, 2007.
- Kanchan Chavan, Robust Queue Management over a Link with Varying Capacity, 2007.
- Nisarg Shah, Transmitting Voice over the Internet, 2006.
- Abhijeet Bhorkar, Stochastic Control for Energy Efficient Resource Allocation in Wireless Networks, 2006.
- Nitesh Dixit, Admission Control in CDMA Cellular Networks with Soft Handoffs, 2006.
- Dhruv Garg, Signal to Interference Ratio based Admission Control for Cellular CDMA Network, 2005.
- Priyanka Garg, Power Aware Routing in Sensor Networks, 2005.
- Mukul Agarwal, On Two Control Problems: Stability of Dynamical Systems and Optimal Power Allocation, 2004.
- D Siva Kumar, Design of Provider's Edge Router for Ethernet Emulation over MPLS Network, 2004.
- Manish Singh, Efficient Media Access Control (MAC) Layer Design for Multi-Class CDMA Networks, 2004.
- Atit Jain, On Code Division Multiple Access Network Planning and Optimization, 2004.
- Kavitha Subramanian, An Optimization Based Flow Control Algorithm, 2004.
- V Vijayakumar, Design of Link Management Protocol (LMP) over Optical Cross Connect Emulator, 2004.
- Santhosh Kumar K, Design of Policy based MPLS Traffic Engineering Server, 2004.
- Siddharth Verma, Optimal-Power Scheduling in Wireless Communication under Delay and Flow Constraints, 2004.
- Medha Atre, Voice over MPLS using Loop Emulation Service, 2004.
- Hemant Kumar Rath, Design of Metro Ethernet Customer Edge using Virtual LAN (VLAN), 2004.
- Siddharth Dachalwal, Implementation of Voice over IP over Wireless Local Area Network, 2004.
- Sachin Kulkarni, Evaluation of Flow Identification Schemes on Network Processor, 2004.
- Gaurav Agarwal, Design and Evaluation of Dual Band Ad Hoc Networks, 2003.
- Shruti Mahajan, Joint Admission Control and Scheduling Policies for Integrated Voice / Data CDMA Systems, 2003.
- Abhishek Jain, Congestion Management and Bandwidth Allocation for Best-Effort Traffic in Packet Switched Networks, 2003.
- Harish Ramamurthy, A Grouping Framework for Reliable Multicast Congestion Control, 2003.
- Renu Bhattar, Policy Framework for MPLS Network, 2003.
- Premal Shah, On Scheduling Transmissions under QoS Based Constraints, 2003.
- Vitanshu Sharma, Probabilistic Convolutional Coding and Decoding, 2003.
- Ranoo Malhotra, Design of Label Distribution Protocol with Constraint-Based Routing for MPLS Networks, 2003.
- K. Ganga Bhavani, Congestion Control for Reliable Multicast, 2003.
- D. Venkatesh, QoS Based Routing Algorithms in Internet, 2003.
- Shivaji Navale, Design and Development of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Access Gateway Software, 2003.
- Piyush Desai, Design and Development of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Access Gateway, 2003.
- Rahul Varma, Issues in Best-Effort Delivery of Data for Unicast and Multicast Flows, 2002.
- T. Chitti Babu, Design and Implementation of Traffic Engineering Extensions for OSPF, 2002.
- Manoj Sharma, VLSI Implementation of IEEE 802.11 MAC, 2002.
- Rahul A.Chawathe, Throughput Guarantees for TCP over Differentiated Services, 2002.
- S. Praveen Kumar, Design of Multi-threaded Label Distribution Protocol for MPLS Emulator, 2002.
- Abhijit M. Gadgil, Lime: A Linux based MPLS Emulator, 2002.
- Preetam Patil, Design and Implementation of RSVP-TE over MPLS Emulator, 2002.
- N.S.S. Kishore K, Design of DiffServ Capable MPLS Forwarding Engine, 2002.
- Kshitiz Saxena, Finite State Machine Based Design for Packet Forwarding Engine, 2001.
- Anand Gupta, Architecture and Algorithm for Rate-Based Service Differentiation in DiffServ Internet, 2001.
- Saurabh Ganeriwal, A Framework for Joint Scheduling and Buffer Management, 2001.
- Atul S. Kumthekar, sMultiprotocol Lambda Switching Simulator, 2001.
- Dilip G. Khairnar, TCP Congestion Control over Wireless Links, 2001
- Rushabh Soni, Architecture of MPLS Forwarding Engine in Linux Kernel, 2001.
- Makarand G. Kulkarni, Delay Optimal Fair Queueing for QoS Guarantees in Internet, 2000.
- NSNVP Rao, Design of a Parallel TCP / IP Stack, 2000.
- Srusti Vijay, Packet Classification and Layer Four Switching, 2000.
- Prashant Jain, On Improving the TCP Performance over Asymmetric channels, 1999.
- Nirav A. Parikh, Decoupling Delay-Bandwidth Guarantees in the Fair Quening Algorithms, 1999.
- Anand Venkitachalam, Architecture Design of MAC Controller for Cable Modem, 1999.
- Vivek Nema, Performance Evaluation of Error Control Mechanisms for Wireless ATM Access Networks, 1999.
- Ravi Kumar Singh, Performance Evaluation of TAG Switching, 1999.
- Charuhas P. Pandit, Optimal Call Admissions in Cellular Networks with Priority Classes, 1999.
- Anupam Banerjee, An Engineering Economic Model for the Future Internet, 1999.
- Preeti Nagvanshi, Adaptive Prediction for Quality of Service Guarantees in Internet, 1999.
- Shail Bains, A high Performance TCP/IP Stack with Tag Switching and Firewall Support, 1998.
- Kaustubh Kashyap, Study of Issues in the Design of Cable Modem Architecture, 1998.
- D. Ramakrishna, Performance Evaluation of Hybrid Fiber Coax Networks for Multimedia Communications, 1998.
- Vinay Keshavan Bharadwaj, A Framework for Call Admission in Mobile Cellular Networks, 1998.
- Pravesh Kochar, The Design of LTE Wifi-Controller, 2015.
- Sravya Chebrolu, Study of HetNet Mobility Simulator with Enhancement to Random Pico Drop and RSRQ measurement, 2014.
- Ankur Bapna, Analysis of Blocking Probability in LTE based Networks, 2013.
- Ayesha Mudassir, Interference Management for Macro-Pico Cellular Networks, 2013.
- Kotaru Manikanta, Energy Efficiency in Heterogeneous Wireless Network, 2013.
- Tuhin Sarkar, Towards Optimal Fusion in Cognitive Network, 2013.
- Srikanth TV, Sampling and Reconstruction of FRI Signals Using RC Sample Acquisition Filters, 2012.
- Skand Hurkat, Delay-Aware Proportional Fair Scheduling in OFDMA Networks, 2012.
- Abhishek Iyer, Channel Aware Deadline Based Scheduling in OFDMA Networks, 2012.
- Chinmayee Shah, Towards Self Organized Relay Assisted Cellular Networks, 2011.
- Varun Jog, Capacity Bounds for the DMBC and Coding Schemes for the Feedback DMBC, 2010.
- Sesha Pavana Srinath B. V., Performance Analysis and Optimization of Protocols in Wireless Networks, 2010.
- Sanket Agarwal, Downlink Erlang Capacity of Cellular OFDMA System, 2010.
- Rohit Agarwal, Mobile Social Networking Platform and Applications, 2010.
- Manu Sharma, Fair Scheduling in Cooperative Wireless Networks, 2009.
- Vamseedhar Reddy R. R., Performance Improvement of Wireless LAN Through Packet Relaying by Users, 2009.
- Himanshu Asnani, On Some Results in Wireless Networks Control, 2009.
- Devang Baheti, SMS Based Social Networking Architecture, 2009.
- Asad Ali, Distributed Scheduling in Mesh Networks using STDMA, 2008.
- Priti Jacob Kujur, Random Access Policy for Optimal Throughput, 2007.
- Mohit Gupta, Opportunistic Scheduling for Mutli-Antenna Wireless Networks, 2007.
- Praneeth Kumar, On Link Scheduling in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, 2007.
- Manasa Gangotri Kata, On Code Division Multiple Access Network Simulations and Optimization, 2005.
- Nikhil Shetty, Performance Analysis of Controlled Access-CDMA: A CDMA-Based MAC Protocol for Ad Hoc Networks, 2005.
- Abhishek Kumar Shadangi, Scheduling in High Data Rate Wireless Systems (IS-856), 2005.
- Mandeep Singh Sidhu, TCP/IP Offload Engine for Storage Area Networks, 2003.
- Shrinivas Kudekar, Adaptive Congestion Control in Heterogeneous Networks, 2003.
- Jayesh Vyas, Packet Scheduling and Media Access Control in CDMA Based Wireless Networks, 2003.
- Neerav B. Mehta, Rate Control and Synchronization Issues in Video Streaming over Packet-Switched Networks, 2003.
- Aashish Sharma, Transcoding and Caching Proxy for Heterogenous Client Environments, 2002.
- Abhishek Trivedi, Caching Mechanisms for Transcoding Web Proxies, 2002.
- Vinayak Samant, Design of High Speed Packet Forwarding Engine, 2002.
- Vikas Jain, Multicast Congestion Control over Wireless Medium, 2002.
- Saurabh Jain, Grouping of Receivers for Multicast Congestion Control, 2002.
- Vishvesh Sahasrabudhe, Adaptive Prediction Based Active Queue Management, 2002.
- Anuj Maheshwari, Transcoding and Caching Proxy for Heterogenous Client Environments, 2001.
- Vishvesh Shreeram Sathe, Reconfigurable Computing, 2001.
- Rohit Ramani, Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) in TCP over Wireless Network, 2000.
- Mitul Tiwari, IP Based Virtual Private Network, 2000.
- Anshul Kothari, Towards a QoS Aware Linux, 2000.
- Munjal Kapadia, Fast Algorithms in Router Table Lookup, 2000.
- Vivek Mhatre, Analysis of Minimum-Delay Self Clocked Fair Queuing, 2000.
- Aditya Dhar, An Implementation of Recursive Classification for MPLS, 2000.
- Gautam Kulkarni, An RSVP Implementation for MPLS Signaling, 2000.
- Rahul Kopikare, Performance Evaluation of an Ethernet-Token Ring Mixed Protocol, 2000.
- Dhiman Barman, Policy Based Networking with Differentiated Services Under Linux, 2000.
- Rohit Raghuwanshi, Packet Video over Ethernet, 1999.
- Saurabh Nitin, A Modified TCP/IP Stack with Class Based Queueing, 1999.
- Dhanedra Jain, Fair Scheduling in Wireless Packet Networks, 1999.
- Vijay Sundaram, Long Range Dependence in Communication Networks, 1999.
- Anand Janakiraman, Video Compression, 1998.
- Milind Kopikare, Hierarchical Link Sharing for Packet Networks, 1998.
- Atul Hirpara, Simulation and Modeling of a Bridged LAN, 1998.