Fundamental Limits of Communication Systems, Information Theory and its applications, Compressed Sensing, Stochastic Modeling, Resource Allocation Problems, Interference Channels, Relaying and Broadcasting
PhD from E.P.F.L Switzerland in 2007
PostGraduate Diploma in Communication Systems, E.P.F.L Switzerland in 2002.
M.Tech from I.I.T Bombay in 2000
B. Tech from Model Engineering College, Cochin in 1997
Compressed Sensing and Applications, National Conference on Communications, Bangalore, January 2011. click here for slides in handout form.
The slides 33 and 34 in the above file has animations (inside latex), if you wish to see it, please click here and open in acroread(version 8, 9 or more).
More details on research and other academic aspects can be found at http://www.ee.iitb.ac.in/~bsraj
Research Fellow at University of Melbourne, Australia from Oct2007 to Apr2009.
Short stints in the telecom s/w industry from Mar 2000 to Aug2001.
1) Sibi Raj B Pillai: “On the capacity of Multiplicative Multiple Access Channels with AWGN”, IEEE Information Theory Workshop 2011, Paraty, Brazil [PDF].
2) Yash Deshpande, Sibi Raj B Pillai and Bikash Kumar Dey: “On the Capacity of Multiaccess Block Fading Channels with Individual State Information”, IEEE Information Theory Workshop 2011, Paraty, Brazil[PDF].
3) Linda M. Davis*, Stephen V. Hanly, Paul Tune and Sibi Raj Bhaskaran: “Channel Estimation and User Selection in the MIMO Broadcast Channel”, Digital Signal Processing, Elsevier (21)2011, pp 608–618.
4) Varun Jog, Sibi Raj B Pillai and Abhay Karandikar, “On Achieving Marton's Region for Broadcast Channel using Feedback”, Proceedings of NCC 2011 [PDF].
5) Avishek Majumdar, Nikhil Krishnan, Sibi Raj B Pillai, Rajbabu Velmurugan: “Extensions to Orthogonal Matching Pursuit for Compressed Sensing,” Natl. Conf. on Commun. (NCC), Jan. 2011.
1) Sibi Raj Bhaskaran: “Gaussian Broadcast Channel With Feedback. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 54(11): 5252-5257 (2008)
2) Sibi Raj Bhaskaran: “Gaussian Degraded Relay Broadcast Channel. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 54(8): 3699-3709 (2008)
3) Sibi Raj Bhaskaran, S. V. Hanly, N Badruddin, J. S. Evans: “Maximizing the Sum Rate in Symmetric Networks of Interfering Links, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 56(10): 4471-4487 (2010).
4) Paul Tune, Sibiraj Bhaskaran, Stephen V. Hanly: “Number of Measurements in Sparse Signal Recovery, IEEE Intnl Symposium on Information Theory, ISIT'2009.
5) Linda Davis, S.V. Hanly, P. Tune, Sibi Raj Bhaskaran: “Multi-antenna Downlink Broadcasting using Compressed-Sensed Medium Access, IEEE ICC'2010.
6) S. Bhaskaran, L. Davis, A. Grant, S. Hanly and P. Tune. “Downlink Scheduling using Compressed Sensing. In IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW ’09), pp. 243–255, Volos, Greece, June 2009.
7a) Sibi Raj Bhaskaran, Stephen V. Hanly, Nasreen Badruddin, Jamie S. Evans, “Maximizing the sum rate in symmetric networks of interfering links, 2009 Information Theory and Applications Workshop, UCSD, San Diego ITA'2009 (invited).
7b) Sibi Raj Bhaskaran, Stephen V. Hanly, Nasreen Badruddin, Jamie S. Evans, “Maximizing the Sum Rate in Symmetric Networks of Interfering Links,IEEE Intnl Conf Communications, ICC'2009, Dresden
8) Sibi Raj Bhaskaran, “Forward Decoding over a Relay Channel, IEEE Intnl Symposium on Information Theory, ISIT 2008, Toronto, Canada
9) Badruddin, N., Bhaskaran, S., Evans, J., Hanly S. (2008) “Maximizing the Sum Rate in Symmetric Networks of Interfering Links under Flat Power Constraints. '' Allerton Conference on Communication, Control and Computing, Sep. 2008.
10) Sibi Raj Bhaskaran, “Broadcasting with Feedback, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, ISIT 2007, Nice, 24-29 June 07
11) Sibi Raj Bhaskaran, “Broadcasting over a degraded relay channel with two receivers, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, ISIT 2006, Seattle, 9-14 July 06
12) Sibi Raj Bhaskaran and Emre Telatar, “Kurtosis Constraints In Communication Over Fading Channels, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC); Instanbul, Turkey, 11-15 June 2006, vol. 12, p. 5500-55042
13) Sibi Raj and Emre Telatar, “Queuing and Scheduling in Multiuser Communications, Winter School on Coding and Information Theory, Bratislava, 20-25 Feb 05 (without peer review).
14) Sibi Raj, Emre Telatar and David Tse, “Job Scheduling and Multiple Access, DIMACS Workshop on Network Information Theory, 17-19 Mar 03, Rutgers Univ.
Australian Early Career Researcher Award for excellence in Communication Theory, 2009.
Department of Electrical Engineering
IIT Bombay, Powai
Mumbai 400 076, India
Email : bsraj[AT]ee.iitb.ac.in
Phone (Internal(O)) : (0091 22) - 2576 7419
Phone (Internal(R)) :
Office room no: 231D (EE main building, top floor)
Fax: (0091 22) - 25723707