EE302 Control Systems (Spring 2022)
Instructor: Dr. Debraj Chakraborty
Office: New office complex next to PC Lab, 1st floor, EE
Lecture Hours: Slot 3
Venue: Google Classroom: Code - qntu6tf
Teaching Assistants (Email)
Prerequisite: Signals and Systems
· Control System/Feedback Examples
· transfer function,
· state space, interconnection with transfer function
· Block diagrams, signal flow graphs, similarity transforms
· Transient Response Analysis
· Steady state errors
· Root Locus, design
· Bode and Nyquist plots, design
· State space design
1. Norman S. Nise, “Control Systems Engineering”, Wiley India, Student Edition (Fifth), 2009 ----Every student is required to have access to a copy (or pdf).
2. Lecture Notes based on (1) above, are provided below.
2. Gene F. Franklin, J. Davis Powell, Abbas F. Emami-Naeini, Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems, Pearson, 2018.
Online Instruction Format
2-2.5 hours of pre-recorded video lecture per week with 30-60 min of live interaction for each student.
80% attendance in live interaction compulsory.
Homework Assignments (4-6): 10%
Quizzes (3): 30%
Mid sem: 20%
· Transfer Function Modeling: Lecture
· Transient Response:
2. Link for pzgui (Pole Zero simulator used in class) on Dr Mark A. Hopkins’ webpage
· Equivalent Systems: Lectures
· Stability: Lectures
· Steady State Errors: Lectures
· Root-Locus: Lectures
· Compensation Design with Root Locus: Lectures
· Bode Plots+Nyquist Diagrams: Lectures
· State Feedback: Lectures
· Compensation Design with Bode Plots (Prelim): Lectures
Solutions for Quizzes and Exams